The adventures of a little sailor

just a short white girl who has a serious case of the travel bug!

Name:
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Friday, July 04, 2008

It's so cold down here!!

I arrived safely in Auckland and was met by 3 screaming girls who proceeded to shake me within an inch of life in the middle of the airport. I had just been travelling for 24hrs but the adrenaline kicked in and I forgot about the jetlag. We had an amazing night catching up and celebrating crystals birthday! The following day I woke up sharp at 7am! Now for those of you who know me that is very out of character, but the jetlag had finally kicked in. The next day it was 4am sharp! But after working a couple of days on the late shift I was dead on my feet and finally got my sleeping patterns back.

I arrived on the Wednesday and was scheduled for work Thursday afternoon. It was great to go back to the bookshop. So many familiar faces but also quite a few unfamiliar ones. People wise the ship has changed quite abit. There are lots of people I don’t know and quite a few people that have left. But to be honest my main friends are still here and it feels like I have never been away.

Will try to update more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home